Taste testing....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paul7218

Reaction score
Ow can I learn to evaluate my brews? I think they tat ok, but I am making all kinds of beer I have never had before and don't know what's what. Wher can I get info on how to judge my beer?

You could take a class on beer tasting. however that might not be the best option for you.
If you have friends that consider themselves beer lovers, give them your brew and ask them for their thoughts.

My best advice is to Drink as much good beer as possible. Look up beer reviews before you make a purchase at the store. Overtime you will develop a taste for excellence. Next time you plan to brew a particular beer, buy other beers that are the same style. Get a feel for them and have some by to compare with your own product when its ready

For starters go buy some beers of those styles, check out rate beer or beer advocate maybe before you get them so you have an idea on whats ideally generally considerd good.some perticular brands have some not so good styles so dont judge a style by a certain brand of beer.
Im pretty shure Vegas has a homebrewers club or something you may want to do a search on.
If your new to them you may be "training" your palate also.After hundreds of differnet beers you will find that they no longer taste like you thought they did earlier on. Im using the term "hundreds" loosely too.Pretty shure im in the thousands.

go to the highest ranked beer bar in your area on a regular basis. meet as many beer snobs as you can.

Back