Help with a setup

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xaturnascends

Reaction score
Hey everyone, this site is amazing and it makes me giddy just to read how much everyone here loves beer. It make me feel like I found long lost family! Haha, enough of the corniness. Here's my deal, I bought my dad a Mr. Beer kit for Christmas, as we're both very avid beer drinkers and both very into microbrews. We made a "custom" batch and absolutely loved it, the process more than the beer. Either way, we have a second batch in the fermenter now and we both have gotten addicted to the world of home brewing. I bought a kit from midwestsupplies.com today that comes with Two 5 Gallon Better Bottles • 6.5 Gallon Plastic Fermenter • 6.5 Gallon Bottling Bucket with Spigot • 8 Oz. of Easy Clean No-Rinse Cleanser • two #10 Rubber Stoppers • 2 Airlocks (Keeps air out of the fermenter) • 8 Inch Funnel • Hydrometer (Determines alcohol content) • Bottle Brush • Twin Lever Red Baron Bottle Capper • Bottle Caps • 2 Liquid Crystal Thermometers • Bottle Filler • Fermtech AutoSiphon • Siphon Tubing • shutoff clamp, I also went out and bought a 10 gallon cooler to turn into a mash tun, and a turkey fryer to use as a malt pot, I am thinking that I will go directly into all grain, and we have a local brew shop not far from my house. My dad is doing pretty much the same thing as I am and has purchased a kegging kit and kegarator as well. Is there anything else that I should get and what would be the ideal setup for what I have now? any advise would be greatly appreciated!

you might want to get an immersion chiller. You're off to a really good start. Good luck.

Thanks guys, i appreciate it. I will definely pick up an immersion chiller, any recommendations on which one for my setup?

Lot's online... or Make your own! it's not a difficult thing to make. I got mine online after chilling my first brew with a snow bank... Just got lucky =)

Happy brewing! Sounds like you got lots of kit! The Kegerator you will LOVE! I built one as I had no desire to bottle beer. I swear there isn't anything greater than pulling the tap on your own Home Brew!

Latest posts

Back