Stir plate issue

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bulls Beers

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I got a stir plate recently and I'm having an issue with it. I bought a 2000ml flask at my LHBS.. When I put it on the plate the stir bar scraps on the bottom. When I lift the flask off the plate just a hair it seems to work well. I also tried a small glass and it also worked great. Any suggestions. BTW, the flask seems to be flat.

don't think there's a problem, but you could always put a sheet of paper or cloth between your plate and flask to simulate the way your stir bar acts when you lift the flask a 'hair'. just an idea.

You can maybe try moving the flask around a bit. On my stir plate the bar seems to make a lot of noise if I have the flask centered. Moving it a little offset to one side or another seems to reduce the noise.

You can maybe try moving the flask around a bit. On my stir plate the bar seems to make a lot of noise if I have the flask centered. Moving it a little offset to one side or another seems to reduce the noise.

^^^this^^^

I don't think the flask bottoms are completely flat. If you turn the plate on low and move the flask around until it gets quiet then you can slowly turn it up.

My solution was to use a large O-ring from one of my kegs to prop up the 2000 ml flask on the plate. It seems to work. I'm not thrilled that i have to do this, but I guess I have to play around with it to see what works..I emailed Dan today and he got right back to me, so the support is there if I need it...

Back