Somthing for my Valentine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Superman3278

Reaction score
Well not shure if this has been done before, Fermented "Rasberry Vanilla Dream".

The idea began when my wife who partakes occasionaly from the wine cooler 4 - pack or the Captain's Brand of malt beverages. The chef's formulation kicked in and I configured her first home brewed fermented soda.

Using a soda extract Gnome Vanilla Cream with 12 bags of rasberry tea leaves from Celestial Seasonings and American Pale malt 2 row (7 #'s), I simply batch sparged the grains then steeped the tea bags in before adding in the extract. Heated said batch to 178 deg. f. for 40 min to kill any bacteria then cooled to 65 deg. f. and pitched in champange yeast. The OG is 1.55 with a color simalar to a red cola.

It is ready for bottling ( since I have not added her a tap into the beverage box) and along with her usual gifts, she will find a cute little 6 - pack of her own 5.5% homade cooler with love. I used the picnic tap/racking tube to fill her forced carbed tasty beverage bottles. What a game of cowgirls and indians valentines day will be!

Cheers!

Back