Porter Kit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JWink

Reaction score
I now have my second homebrew in the fermenter. A Honey Wheat.

My first batch, a red ale, turned out great. This second batch tasted amazing and we think will turn out even better.

My father and I want to brew a porter. We want something with a little higher alcohol content, around 7% maybe, and we are looking for a kit.

I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for a good kit?

-Tony

Welcome. I grew up in Anderson.

I don't know what brew-shops are in your area. But I have ordered kits from Northern Brewer and been very happy. A 7% ABV is pretty high for a normal porter. NB has a Baltic Porter that looks like it would fit the bill. Beware that a beer that big is going to take lots longer to condition than your average beer to reach good taste. I would also recommend a dry yeast like Nottingham for that beer so you can avoid having to make a starter - maybe even consider two packs of dry yeast (consult www.mrmalty.com). Good luck!

Thank you thank you. I will give those a try. I guess i over looked those at autinhomebrew.

Back