My take on Celebration

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, I am going to brew it as is then and bug each and every one of you if it is not good! :-D

Why the odd amounts?

Unfamiliar with the recipe, but I'd do less crystal 60, more munich.

More flameout, more dryhop. Mash at 152 F.

That recipe should get you in the ballpark, depending on how close to a "clone" you want to get. My main recommendation is to mash low enough to get good attenuation and dry out the beer, otherwise the hefty dose of caramel malt you have will make it pretty sweet, and it'll lack the sharp bitterness of SNCA (personally, I think you could cut the crystal a bit to not more than 1lb. but even with that I'd be sure to mash low).

That recipe should get you in the ballpark, depending on how close to a "clone" you want to get. My main recommendation is to mash low enough to get good attenuation and dry out the beer, otherwise the hefty dose of caramel malt you have will make it pretty sweet, and it'll lack the sharp bitterness of SNCA (personally, I think you could cut the crystal a bit to not more than 1lb. but even with that I'd be sure to mash low).

I have to disagree with that. Celebration is really on the malty, sweet side for an IPA, most clone recipes I've seen have you load up on the C malt and mash at 156, I think that number came from the SN brewer himself. I definitely don't get a "sharp bitterness" from it, more like rich sweet caramel, balanced bitterness and tons of juicy hops.

Yeah... I did the BYO clone published last fall. Its has been in the keg about a month and it is pretty good as far as a clone. I really like it even though it was a pain to deal with all those hops in the brew and carboy. Check it out, its a solid recipe and you do need to mash hot as recommended in the recipe. I did use 2 packs of rehydrated US 05 and had no trouble reaching a a low FG at 65 deg after 2.5 weeks.

Latest posts

Back