forgot to check the hydrometer reading!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ashleyd205

Reaction score
Ok so I brewed my fourth batch yesterday and I honestly had been drinking quiet abit by the end and I completly forgot to check the hydrometer before I pitched the yeast and I just remembered today!! Fermentation has already begun and I am thinking I should just let it go and then check it whenever the primary has fermented completely out... is that bad....

Relax. Was it a kit with extract? Then just assume the number on the recipe is good. Check it again in three weeks.

No worries!

Nah. If it's extract, in any case, it's unlikely that you missed your recipe's target OG by more than a couple of points assuming you used the right quantities of ingredients and water.

I forgot to check the reading on my first two...then came back and did the fg. Everything tasted find, got me drunk, just didn't know the og, or the actual abv. If it comes out fine just make a note to remember to do your og on your next batch.

Hehe, we all panic from time to time. It's not as if knowing your OG would actually change anything about how this batch progresses.

Ok so my buddy (ashleyd205) just called me aparantly he was the last one to get on here on this computer and I didnt realize I was posting on his account!!! Just wanted to clarify!!!

I don't drink at all until I'm finished with my brew day and I still forget to take the OG pretty often. Guess what, I don't care. I still make good beer and it doesn't matter to me if I know what alcohol content I get or even the efficiency of my mash (all grain). All my beer have been able to give me a pleasant buzz.

Latest posts

Back