Questions about basic setup

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gyllstromk

Reaction score
I've been reading a lot of the docs on kegs and I want to do a home setup. I'd like a setup with at least 2 kegs and the ability to force carb one while still being able to serve the other. What I'm not yet sure about is dispensing: though having taps outside the fridge (via either the door spigots or tower) is appealing, I'm not yet ready to cut open a refrigerator. So, I'd like to get a setup that works well without altering a fridge but will be able to handle that later on if I choose to go that route.

So, the link below seems to handle the case where I open the door each time and pour from the line:

2 Keg Basic Keg Kit, Dispenses two kegs at once! (Separate Check Valves!)

While the following is for door mounts:

2 Faucet Refrigerator Conversion Kit, 2 kegs

My question is, can the latter also be used in a similar way to the former? That is, can I just have these spigots connected directly to the tubing and pour from them within the fridge? If this is the case, then I would go with the latter and maybe eventually get the nerve to cut holes in the refrigerator door to install them.

You could use the normal faucets like cobra faucets although I think you could easily set them down wrong and have them dispense an entire keg while you arent around. Also I dont think you could easily dispense with 1 hand and hold a glass with the other especially with a 5" shank attached. Personally I would go with the first one you listed until you are ready to put holes in the fridge.

+1 go with the cobra taps, you can buy shanks for $20 and perlicks for $40 so you lose nothing buy getting the first.

Latest posts

Back