Like a kid on Christmas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fracturedman

Reaction score
So, yesterday I got my First HB kit and today was brew day...I felt like a kid on Christmas all over again. Now the day is done, everything is sanetized and I am tired.

My roommates, who are also my landlords(who are also my brother and sis-in-law) told me that I could not brew in the house, and thought the idea was stupid...Now, they are both hooked when they realized I was making BEER and how relatively simple it is. One now wants to make mean and wine and the other wants to make beer...on tuesday I am taking them to get their first brew kits.

My roommates, who are also my landlords(who are also my brother and sis-in-law) told me that I could not brew in the house, and thought the idea was stupid...

A lot of people have wildass ideas about what brewing is. I think they get these pictures of still with tubing and kettles all strewn about and don't realize just how simple it can be.

My roommates, who are also my landlords(who are also my brother and sis-in-law) told me that I could not brew in the house, and thought the idea was stupid...Now, they are both hooked when they realized I was making BEER and how relatively simple it is. One now wants to make mean and wine and the other wants to make beer...on tuesday I am taking them to get their first brew kits.

Lucky you. I'm still trying to convince my better half that it's a fun hobby.

Lucky you. I'm still trying to convince my better half that it's a fun hobby.

Yeah, I am holding out for a girl that likes good beer. Tired of girls who hate beer but love wine coolers and mass produced "beer". I want to meet a girl that likes Hair of the dog, Dogfish head, Rogue, sierra Nevada, and full sail beers over Budweiser, Coors and miller.:mug:

Yeah, I am holding out for a girl that likes good beer. Tired of girls who hate beer but love wine coolers and mass produced "beer". I want to meet a girl that likes Hair of the dog, Dogfish head, Rogue, sierra Nevada, and full sail beers over Budweiser, Coors and miller.:mug:

Don't worry, they are out there. However, you may have to mold their pallet a little bit. My wife loves wine, and likes good craft brews, but she will not touch BMC.

I think my wife was sold by the time she tasted my third batch. Now she keeps asking when my 4th batch will be ready and wanted to try samples out of the hydrometer.

Actually she used to only like the hard lemonade beer. I'm not sure what changed but now she likes Spaten Optimator. I think it might be changing tastes but we also joined a club at a restaurant which has you fill out a card of all their beers to earn a stein. This forced her to try a lot of different beers. She enjoyed that and even took notes. I also think she started to like going to brew pubs and getting the samples.

Find a girl that will at least try the samples and then just give it some time. :)

I think my wife was sold by the time she tasted my third batch. Now she keeps asking when my 4th batch will be ready and wanted to try samples out of the hydrometer.

Ha. I'm not there yet. So far she hates the samples on the hydrometer. It's almost like she's taking medicine. I need to keep trying though. :)

Back