3 1/2 gallons of beer on the keezer floor, 3 1/2 gallons of beer....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kleggo

Reaction score
On 10/02 I brewed a Great Lakes holiday ale clone, had it in primary for 3 weeks, cold crashed for another 2, and patiently let it carb up in the keg. Wednesday night I put the beer line on and pulled a glass and was amazed how well it turned out. Even the wife said she would drink it, and she doesn't drink!

Thursday I take 1/2 day off work, and on a whim I open the keezer lid and just about vomited upon seeing a pool of beer covering the floor. I was too irritated to take a photo. There was a small leak in the pin lock connector, and it was apparently spitting all night and morning. Completely my fault for not checking it.

I'm looking at it as having saved 1 1/2 gallons of great beer and getting an expensive lesson. Although I did consider calling a few friends and getting some long straws.

OK, it really feels better having talked about it. Of course I'd love to hear more keezer puddle stories.

Kleggo said:
On 10/02 I brewed a Great Lakes holiday ale clone, had it in primary for 3 weeks, cold crashed for another 2, and patiently let it carb up in the keg. Wednesday night I put the beer line on and pulled a glass and was amazed how well it turned out. Even the wife said she would drink it, and she doesn't drink!

Thursday I take 1/2 day off work, and on a whim I open the keezer lid and just about vomited upon seeing a pool of beer covering the floor. I was too irritated to take a photo. There was a small leak in the pin lock connector, and it was apparently spitting all night and morning. Completely my fault for not checking it.

I'm looking at it as having saved 1 1/2 gallons of great beer and getting an expensive lesson. Although I did consider calling a few friends and getting some long straws.

OK, it really feels better having talked about it. Of course I'd love to hear more keezer puddle stories.

O you wanna hear a puddle story hu!?! Well I brewed a simcoe ipa that was awesome, had that flowery over hopped tasted which at least I love? Well I had that. And I used 2 rolls of paper towels to soak it up so I could throw it in the trash. Wasted about 3 oz. Of precious simcoe, I didn't care about the grain or work. So I can relate. Change your o ring is my recommendation

Not long after building my keezer with 4 perlick taps I came home to find close to 5 gallons of APA on the garage floor and a empty tank of C02.

One of the cats that live in the garage jumped up on the top of the keezer and knocked the tap handle forward. There was no saving it.

I'm now using custom tap handles with elastic bands running through them to serve as automatic shut offs.

Latest posts

Back