straub brewery

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wildjack6

Reaction score
Just took the tour of straub's brewery in St Mary PA and it totally chocked me it was a gravity brewery set up like a beer tree except beeing a hundred and some bbl it was pretty cool the only thing I was disappointed about was that they use a hop extract instead of real hops besides that pretty good time all in all

I have a case of their 16oz bottles that I love using for homebrew! Their cases also rock for lugging around HB as well. I had to drink 2 cases worth to get the empties, and it wasn't too bad for American Light Lager.

Just took the tour of straub's brewery in St Mary PA and it totally chocked me it was a gravity brewery set up like a beer tree except beeing a hundred and some bbl it was pretty cool the only thing I was disappointed about was that they use a hop extract instead of real hops besides that pretty good time all in all

Got any pics? I'd like to see a gravity brewery of that size. I don't think there's anything wrong with hop extracts. This may be odd coming from me whose never even brewed an extract beer, only all grain. But lots of commercial breweries use hop extracts. I would use them if they were an economically viable alternative and readily available. Then I would only have to worry about hot and cold break trub instead of hops too.

Back