Electric guidance

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brum

Reaction score
Hey guys!

I've been doing a lot of reading up on electric setups and am having a hard time finding a detailed schematic/build thread for my plans.

I'm hoping to go single tier, 3 keggle, eHERMS system ran out of my basement. It took waayyy too long to cool my wort the other day at midnight at 95*. I wanna go inside!

So my plan is eHLT, MT, BK with 1 or 2 March 809's with a control panel similar to Kal's E.B. I wish I had a budget large enough to just purchase his but its a bit out of reach.

Some of my thoughts/tentative plans:
5500w 240v Element in HLT with SS heat exchanger (could modifiy my immersion chiller for Hex)
5500W 240v Element in BK
Some sort of plate chiller
March Pumps
Camlock fittings/Silicone hoses

Things I have:
16"x14"x6" Control box
Jaybird FB with diptube and valve for MT
1 keggle with sight glass/thermo from BobbyM probably used for BK

Does anyone know if P-J or anyone else has a similar setup/wiring schematic that has been posted up here and I just missed?

Thanks guys and any suggestions are welcomed.

brum,

Will this diagram work for you?

(As always click on the image to see a full scale diagram that is printable on Tabloid paper 11" x 17")

Hope it helps you.

P-J

Thanks! I think that'll do just fine. I might have a couple questions about certain parts but that'd be it!

Back