Picture of projected trellis system

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jfrank85

Reaction score
Getting a little antsy for spring to arive, and with it my hop rhizomes, i decided to plan out my trellis system. When we bought the house this staircase lead up to the attic for possible renting space, its not being used for that so i decided to use it for hop growing. This area gets full sun and i have a water spout between the two lower windows. I would like to use metal braided line as the trellis looping and clamping them and use screw in hooks to fashion the looped ends to. Its going to be 75% for beer making and 25% for decoration.I think with dilligent trimming and upkeep i can keep the crossing of vines in check for a while. Im pretty stoked about the idea, let me know what you guys think :D. (dont mind the non colored spots on the house thatll be painted up this sping lol)

Red: Cascade
Blue: Centenial
Purple: Chinook

Frontview.jpg

If you don't keep up with the sidearm growth, you definitely won't know what you're harvesting. It may seem short sighted, but my recommendation is to pick one varietal and just let them run wild. You can trade some of your harvest with other brewers but when you have a huge bag of mixed centennial and chinook, you won't know what to do with them.

Back