Cracked open my first Belgian today...AHS Trappist Trippel

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arover

Reaction score
And, being the last beer I brewed since going to AG about 4 months ago, it's the best beer I've ever done. Hands down. I don't think I've ever brewed more of a beautiful, complex, to-style beer. 9% ABV. I mean, It's only my 15th batch, but still. The fruitiness is perfectly balanced with the spice character, and I even taste a hint of vanilla. Fermented this around 70 using WLP500. A partial mash. Also achieved a perfect, crystal clear golden color. Definitely going to throw this one into a competition at the fair this summer.

Just thought I'd share in the excitement. :D

Congrats. I just cracked my tripel as well and it's fantastic. The aroma is super complex, my girlfriend and I spent five minutes picking out all the different nuances. I used Wyeast 3787. It will also be going to the state fair.

Nice! What a great feeling. Wondering what your brewing water looked like (and hop schedule, but that's probably AHS property).

Added some Tradition for bittering, and Goldings for aroma. Brewing water was nothing special, untreated. Nothing out of the ordinary range though. If you're curious about the exact mineral listing, I emailed the local water engineers not too long ago and got the numbers.

Back