Question reguarding hopps and additions during brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firstnten

Reaction score
I boiled up the AHS Sam summer clone the other day and I have a question. The addition of lemon zest and paradise seeds went in the last 15 mins of the boil. My question is does it matter if this stuff goes into the primary? I have gotten hopp socks from a LHBS but did not use them for this recipe, and since I siphoned the wort off into a carboy allot of hopps seeds etc where left in the boil pot. How will this effect flavor? Should I have put it in the primary? thoughts on this?

If they were boiled for 15 minutes, most if not all of the flavoring compounds were extracted from the lemon zest and paradise seeds. There would be almost no discernible difference in taste if they were transferred into the primary.

If they were boiled for 15 minutes, most if not all of the flavoring compounds were extracted from the lemon zest and paradise seeds. There would be almost no discernible difference in taste if they were transferred into the primary.

Thats the song I wanted to hear..

Thanks!:mug:

FWIW I never worry about straining all the wort off the trub going into primary. My beers taste fine...great in fact. :)

Back