Copper tubing per lb

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bendavanza

Reaction score
The scrapyard where I scored a ton of like new corny kegs has a bin full of copper. I asked what they sell the stuff for and was told $4 lb. There are new coils there as well as ugly old stuff, I would only buy the new looking shiny stuff but I wondered if that price is really saving any money at all opposed to buying a coil at home depot, coppertubing sales, etc.
No one seems to list the actual weight of 1/2" x 50'. This is for an IC.
thanks

The scrapyard where I scored a ton of like new corny kegs has a bin full of copper. I asked what they sell the stuff for and was told $4 lb. There are new coils there as well as ugly old stuff, I would only buy the new looking shiny stuff but I wondered if that price is really saving any money at all opposed to buying a coil at home depot, coppertubing sales, etc.
No one seems to list the actual weight of 1/2" x 50'. This is for an IC.
thanks

I used to work at a scrap yard. Can you just pull a coil out and have them weigh it up for you before you commit to buying it?

I still consider myself a n00b, but so long as you clean the copper, I don't see a problem with it (the inside won't matter either, assuming you are using it as an immersion chiller).

Thank you, Thirteen. Looks like I could buy new at the store for about the same price. The $1 lb cornies they sold me were a steal, though.

Latest posts

Back