Gose attempt

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robotcrab

Reaction score
First try of a sour, probably the best smelling wort I've ever had...

5 liters

200g LDME
250g breiss wheat
Half a handful of pale malt
7g tatenager
3g corriander
2g salt

Quick boiled extract, cooled to 110f tossed in the base malt covered in plastic for 48hrs in oven with pilot light on (+-95f) then 15 minute boil with hops, salt and corriander at 10 min pitched saf lager.... smelt and tasted fantastic. Guess I'll see....

She doesn't seem to understand, I really, really, like beer...

Fermenting away at 13c had sip and a sniff and going great, didn't do a gravity test as only 5l batch will give it another week then check it once the yeast has definately done its thing. May have gone a little heavy on the salt but will see better once it's carbed up, smell real lemony at the moment, will get another test batch on the going over the weekend. I have some fresh Columbus that I think might go well. Really excited about this beer.

Well it's bottled, finished up at 1008 so about 4.2%, smelt delicious, salt much less noticeable, could probably given it another 24 hours souring, will do next time but all in all very please so far will give it a few weeks in the bottle and see. Haven't had a chance to do another batch yet, but will try ti get another one going soon, super easy really, especially in 5 liter brews.

Far and away the best thing I have made in 7 years of brewing, and probably one of the easiest, amazing how you can make something pretty special out of a few basic ingredients Really fruity and just tart enough, bottle ageing for a couple of months has crisped it right up, only noticeable problem is that I only made five liters... Oh well let's hope the next batch turns out as well.

Back