Wyeast 1084 Irish Ale temperature

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CadiBrewer

Reaction score
I brewed a dry Irish stout and pitched Wyeast 1084 at 63 degrees. Everything I have read says to keep it on the cool side for the cleanest results. Do I need to ramp that temperature up after fermentation is almost complete to clean up any diacetyl flavors, or is that not a concern with this yeast? What about swirling it from time to time to make sure the yeast stay in suspension - is that a concern with this strain?

Probably a good idea to raise the temp up a bit for diacetyl rest. I think this is always a good practice no matter the strain. Don't swirl, it'll do it's job.

+1 to what tmurph6 said.

Ferment that on the low side for a clean fermentation. Most of those flavors and off flavors are developed during the initial stages of fermentation. Raising the temperature after the fermentation has slowed will improve your attenuation and make it even cleaner.

Latest posts

Back