First Place Home Brew Competition

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

durandf

Reaction score
Hey Everybody
Just wanted to share my first home brew competition experience this past weekend. I have only been home brewing for three months now and entered my second batch in a local Irish Red Ale competition. And won first place. I was stunned and what a blast.

I entered the judges only category for feedback and a more objective judging. I was pleased to find out that 2 of the 4 judges were certified judges and they gave me pretty high scores.

I asked a lot of questions on this forum and got a lot of help so I wanted to thank everybody who responded to my questions with great answers. All I can say it was a blast and couldnt believe they liked mine the best. I think I'll go have one right now. Cheers

Congratulations! That's awesome! I'm looking forward to eventually entering some brews, myself. I hope I can have success like yours! :tank:

Very cool winning the gold on your 2nd batch!! I got the full 3 thumbs up from Gary at Home Brewer TV for my 2nd one. not as good as your win,but both def give some pride in achievement. Congrats man,that's gotta put ya on cloud 9!

Good job. Medals (and much more importantly good scores) are an indication that your process is on the right track. Be sure to reflect on the judges' comments and look for ways to keep improving. I got a whack of score sheets back yesterday with incredibly valuable feedback and scores ranging from 24 to 42.

Thanks. The score sheets are great...and I plan on following them closely. Just wish I had more of that batch...duplicating is gonna be tough

Meanwhile I just bottled a Honey Brown with Heather Tips that had an OG of 1.08 and a FG 1.02...should be tasty

Back