entered the 999BW into a comp.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FSR402

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
There is a local beer comp here every May and I had planed to enter my IPA but at the last minute I switched and entered the 999BW just for the hell of it.
It's young but damn good. IMHO ;)

I helped with the comp (stewart) so I got to "keep an eye" on my entry. We had a bunch of local pro brewers doing the judging, Founders, Hopcat, Hideout, New Holland and then some of the certified judges in my brew club.

I sneaked a peek at the score sheet as it was getting filed. So I did not get to see the sheets just the cover that had the overall score on it. They gave me a 40 overall. :ban:
Good enough for at least a silver.

Is this the HB festival? I know a guy who is judging (well, a couple of them) I had thought he was also entering a beer or two, so is that legal??

Anyway, I didn't realize the contest was so soon, so I didn't have anything ready. I *could have entered a barleywine, but it would have been too young too. Plus I only brewed 2.5 gallons, so I really don't want to give any away...

Is this the HB festival? I know a guy who is judging (well, a couple of them) I had thought he was also entering a beer or two, so is that legal??

Anyway, I didn't realize the contest was so soon, so I didn't have anything ready. I *could have entered a barleywine, but it would have been too young too. Plus I only brewed 2.5 gallons, so I really don't want to give any away...

No it's the LHBS in GR that puts this on. We had (I think) 110 enteries.

Yeah, Siciliano's Market! I think they call it a homebrew festival?

Nope, just looked it up. They call it Home Brewer's Day.

This is my first year going. I've heard nothing but it's a fantastic time. Lots of door prizes.

I'm mostly interested in the homebrew discussions, and then the dinner at the end.

Yeah, Siciliano's Market! I think they call it a homebrew festival?

Nope, just looked it up. They call it Home Brewer's Day.

This is my first year going. I've heard nothing but it's a fantastic time. Lots of door prizes.

I'm mostly interested in the homebrew discussions, and then the dinner at the end.

The party you are talking about is great. This is the first year for the "whole damn day" thing. It used to only be a dinner party. Last year I was plowed before dinner was served. lol

I'll be there also. Look for the Prime Time Brewers. :mug:

I'll look out for you! I'm really hoping to meet some homebrewers (at a home brew day festival??) and pick up some good information from the brewers and maybe try some good home brewed beer.

I don't get to sample enough home brew. Me and a friend is all I've ever tried. Oh, and one guy from Big Rapids, who is judging. I need to swap beer with him some time.

Back