Brew Day = Good Times

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GASoline71

Reaction score
So yesterday was my day off. Took advantage of the rare warm and sunny February afternoon here in Washington State and called up a fellow home brew fanatic and said I was headed to the LHBS, and then gonna brew up a batch. So he tagged along and bought stuff for a batch as well.

We then stopped by his place and grabbed some of his brew junk and headed to my place for a brew day. Up to this point, I have brewed by myself, or with my girlfriend. So it was pretty badass to have another brewer there to shoot the breeze with while we brewed.

Played toonz and drank some of his homebrew he brought along, and also drank some of mine.

Now we got a few other cats from work that are starting to brew as well. So we are gonna all try to get together for an even bigger brew day. My buddy and i have only been doin' this since October of last year. We are now venturing in to the Partial Mash brews.

Anyways... I know I'm kinda new around here, but wanted to say that the world of brewing craft beer at home has been a blessing in disguise. Good fun, good friends, and most important... GOOD BEER...

Cheers! :tank: :drunk:

Gary

i have some friends that stop by and help out. it is much better than hanging in the garage by myself. i have brewed alone a few times and i get damned bored sitting around looking at my brew boil!

This site is a the best. I have three friends that brew and come to think of it they all brew at my house. It is around 2:30 on Tue. and the phone rings "hey man ugh you got anything going this weekend? Ya we are brewing this weekend you want to throw one in? Ya if I can that would be great. Alright see ya sat." That is the call almost every week. I spent a lot of time getting my room set up and a bit of cash but it is more than worth it to be able to have my good friends over to brew and hang. We can do double boils and have done two 10gal batches and a 5 on one Sat. Then I can wake up on sun early walk down stairs and do a 5gal batch of my beer and relax while I clean up the last few parts of the day before. I have 5 friends that want to start brewing and 6 that still haven't made it up to brew yet. Ah it is great to have BBF's (Beer Brewing Friends) So keep it up gentleman we create the brew that holds our world's together.

We do the same thing. I have 1 completely hooked, 3 are nibbling and I need the get my fifth buddy hooked he works and a stainless steal shop, welds, does eclectic and plumbing. I am praying that he is interested.......he does love beer.

Here in Ohio we usually do things a little different. I have a group of 3 other guys that make up our motley crew. We all bring more than a few beverages to "sample" and "learn from". Then we start the whole grain brewing process, start the food and kick on the TV for Baseball, Football and or Hockey.

We sit, We Eat, We drink, We watch sports, we brew!

My friend and I have been brewing together at my house since his stove caught on fire during one of his brews. It's nice to have someone around to brew, chat, and drink with, but I honestly miss brewing alone. I feel like I can concentrate more on my brew and don't have to rush through the process. Brewing back to back all-grain batches can take quite a while sometimes, especially if they are 90 minute boils and/or 90 minute mashes. Plus, I don't get near as drunk brewing by myself. (Suppose that could be positive or negative)

Having a couple of brewers to hang out with during brewday is great. Non brewers can be hit or miss.

I was *going* to take tomorrow off to brew and chill out, but then I remembered our accounting software upgrade starts for real tomorrow. I suppose I could technically remote in from home and do whatever I have to do, but it would still ruin my brewday.

I met a dude on here that lives nearby. Were going to have our first man date monday, hopefully! The wife hates it when I tell her I met someone online.

I usually brew with my wife, but I have had brewing friends come over for brew day and it is AWESOME!!!! Great post Gasoline71...THANKS!!!

I love having people over on brew days and if the same people keep coming back it only gets better. I have a few friends that have been there for the last 3-4 brews and now there aren't the same old questions anymore. They are becoming more helpful because they are learning the process and eventually I'm sure they will help me create some tasty recipes.

I met a dude on here that lives nearby. Were going to have our first man date monday, hopefully! The wife hates it when I tell her I met someone online.

hahaha It does sound pretty bad. I usually brew alone at night when the kids are in bed. But I have brewed a few times during the day with friends and enjoyed it as well.

i have always brewed alone. my friends love good beer, but really don't care that much to brew themselves. they don't mind drinking my beer though! it would be nice to have someone to brew with. :(

I work long days so night brewing is my thing weekends I'm usually too hung over :))

I almost always brew alone. I've had people pop in, but rarely do they help. They mostly just stand around and watch.

Once people find out how long it takes, they usually decide to pass. I do have one friend who is willing to help and has a kit himself. It is a ton of fun but with him around I end up drinking way too much.

My mentor is great to have around when brewing. Great dude and on top of it he gets free ingredients, & can answer all of my questions. Its great to have someone around that knows what they're doing so I dont forget anything as a result of too many samples. :tank:

Ah... happiness...

Just bottled up 2 cases of a Mac and Jacks clone (red caps). Now it's sittin' to condition next to 2 cases of Yoopers Broken Leg House Amber (black caps). The fermenter has my Double-bit Belgian Witbier in it. More for my girlfriend then me.

Happy days... headed to the LHBS this weekend to get another batch goin' for the pipeline. Prolly a hopped up American Pale Ale. :)

Gary

Happy Beer! 001.jpg

I have a friend that comes over to help from time to time. he is still learning so therefore call himself the "grain *****" with great pride. I usually brew alone but man is it nice to have help especially on back to back brew days. I need more grain bitches! lol

I usually have a few people come over and we drink and brew a batch, its a good time. I didnt have anyone to brew with the other day so I invited one of my very good friends over (he actually introduced me to the craft brews), and I taught him how to make his own...so now ive got him making batches at his place

Back