Bottle conditioning with high temps

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nic

Reaction score
I recently moved and not longer have a basement with a steady temp, summer is coming and I was wondering what affect temp changes will have on bottle conditioning. I think I can stabilize fermentation temps but the bottles will be another beast.

I want to brew a barley wine or double IPA and let it age over the summer, would it be a bad Idea, the temp gets up to the mid 90's low 100's outside and damn near that inside ?

Thanks

Or you could bury them in the yard... seriously. Barely Wines and IIPAs need some serious aging and the ground temp should be pretty stable once your through the top soil. :)

Liquidicem said:
Or you could bury them in the yard... seriously. Barely Wines and IIPAs need some serious aging and the ground temp should be pretty stable once your through the top soil. :)
Yeah. Then one night, mysteriously, someone digs up the yard and takes all his beer. ;)

Do you have central AC?

I gotta beleive the bottom of a closet would remain pretty constant in temp and lower than the 90's (which would not do your beer any favors).

Back