Quick Disconnects inside Mash Tun

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DC-Brewer

Reaction score
Been thinking of a way to get an easy removable mash tun screen in the my mash tun. I currently brew in keggles. One solution was to use a female all stainless QD on the pickup tube and a male stainless QD on the inside of the bulkhead.

Any problems having the all stainless QDs inside the kettle during the mash or boil?

Will it damage the compression fitting to unscrew it every brew day? I'm a little compulsive about a good clean at the end of a brew session.

Didn't think of the silicone tubing solution. I would imagine that is simple as removing a hose clamp each time. Any risk of the screen dislodging with stirring?

Didn't think of the silicone tubing solution. I would imagine that is simple as removing a hose clamp each time. Any risk of the screen dislodging with stirring?

That's what I use and it works great....most of time. While stirring, the tubing got loose and it was a pain (literally) to stick your hand in the hot wort to try to plug it back in. Lesson learn, make sure it's fr*cking tight.

Back