CCNP Training

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maddmann

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
On doing some searching, I know that I have seen some IT personnel on herem but cannot seem to find them now.

Just curious as to see if anyone has done any of the Cisco certifications. I go for a boot camp at the end of this month for 2 weeks for the new CCNP exams.

I'm getting excited! I love to go to the bootcamps! :cross:

I was working on my CCNA a few years ago while I was in high school. I never followed through with the exams. I really didn't think there was a reason to take them while I was still in high school. Sadly, I never used it, I went into Physics in college instead of an IT type career path.

I just went to a Juniper boot camp for their JNCIA cert last week. That's the Juniper equivalent of the CCIA.

Juniper > Cisco
Erm, sorry wasn't trolling :)

I can relate to the excitement though. Good luck!

CCNP, RHCE, CISSP, and to a slightly lesser extent, MSCE are the most bankable certs out there. 1st level HR resume screeners recognize them, and as a hiring manager, I definitely look for them when looking for senior staff. I also expect my reports to obtain and maintain certs as well.

Short answer is, do it! Don't expect the high-end certs to be a cakewalk though unless you're using the technology daily. Bootcamps are excellent, but completely clear your calendar those weeks and plan to study your ass off at night too. Don't wait to take the exam either.

I went to a class that was taught by a young lady from brazil, who spent a part of her life growing up in the south of the U.S. The mix of accents was exquisite. Needless to say, I focused on the wrong stuff and don't have my cert.

Best wishes for yours!

Back