What did you do this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thisgoestoeleven

Reaction score
I spent the day in Manhattan on Saturday. The group I was with was a little on the touristy side (did Times Square, Hershey store, etc), but an awesome day nonetheless. We saw the Cleveland Orchestra (one of the best in the world, in this trumpet player's opinion) at Carnegie Hall, and had dinner at the Carnegie Deli.
179602_563499710422_52103277_32623832_5758058_n.jpg

Cleveland Orchestra setting up on stage

168918_563492699472_52103277_32623657_4086075_n.jpg

HOLY SWEET MOTHER OF JEBUS

168991_563493243382_52103277_32623662_1255552_n.jpg

Waste not, want not :ban:

I worked 12 hours on Saturday, and 14 hours yesterday (Super Bowl, ya know!). Food service. yay.

-Debbie Downer

Well, I started out Friday night with a tiny addition to this year's Super Bowl effort (I work IT, for a company involved with the Super Bowl, and had to help troubleshoot a connectivity issue). Then spent Saturday mostly chilling out, and Sunday saw True Grit then spent a few hours up on the roof shovelling away some snow (stupid flat roof - who builds one of those in New England???), before sitting down to watch the big game...

I washed seven million bottles. Really only like a 100, but it felt like seven million.

I spent Sunday shampooing the carpets and doing some early spring cleaning. And then I walked through the house with a blacklight (originally to see if I got all the carpet cat vom stains out, and then I got curious and walked through the house and looked at the walls and fixtures).

Side note: walk through your house with a black light. You see all the invisible stains and ickies, which is gross and kind of depressing, but you feel like a CSI person while investigating, and that's pretty freakin' cool.

I spent Sunday shampooing the carpets and doing some early spring cleaning. And then I walked through the house with a blacklight (originally to see if I got all the carpet cat vom stains out, and then I got curious and walked through the house and looked at the walls and fixtures).

Side note: walk through your house with a black light. You see all the invisible stains and ickies, which is gross and kind of depressing, but you feel like a CSI person while investigating, and that's pretty freakin' cool.

Done that. Scary as hell! You'll find stains from three owners back (at least that's what I told SWMBO :tank:)!

Went to meet with insurance on Saturday (wife's uncle so it's not that bad) then sunday I woke Brewed a MO/Cascade SMaSH and smoked a couple fatties and some bacon crumble and cream cheese stuffed jalepenos for the super bowl. Then went to a buddie's with the two fatties and peppers. Fatties being sausage and bacon loafs, not the fun kind from college :D

Sat rented a UHaul and helped a friend move across town downstate. Sunday played around a bit around the house and made food for SB. Watched SB.

Sat, did taxes, cleaned the house up and bit, drank some beer, started the smoker up at 11PM with some pulled pork on it. Sun, pulled pork off at 11AM, foiled and put in cooler to rest until pulling it at 1PM in time for SB party, eat, drank and watched SB with many friends.

Friday grilled some carne asada with my brother in law and wifes family and tried out a bunch of beers off my wish list. Including: Bells Ordell, Bells Two Hearted, Deschutes Black Butte Porter, Deschutes Obsidian, Firestone Walker Union Jack, Mendocino Black Hawk Stout, and North Coast Pranqster and some others (Deschutes was by far the best out of all of them).

Sat woke up really late from the craft brew fest the night before. Took my son to Grandpas house and visited then went and put a bid on a home.

Sunday got up early went to the store to make bfast and bought food for the game. Hung out watched the game with my son and had a North Coast Old Rasputin from my craft brew pack. Shockingly, was not feeling it. I'd take a Stone RIS over it any day of the week. Made some killer nachos for me and the wife. Watched the rest of the dull game with my newborn and started falling asleep. Went to bed. The end.

Back