AWESOME Bud Light Clone!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
remember that the brewing giants have invested millions if not billions of dollars in process control to ensure that their beer is as cheap as possible to make without ever changing the taste

I fixed it for you.

BeerAg said:
remember that the brewing giants have invested millions if not billions of dollars in process control to ensure that their beer is as tasteless as possible without ever changing the cost to make
FIFY :D

homebrewer_99 said:
Next week we pick on Guinness...:rockin:
ooooh can we? I really don't like dry stout, so I don't know if it's their fault for screwing up a good style, or the style sucks :).

Well I really like every example of a sweet and oatmeal stout I've ever had, including my own. The only dry stout I've had is guiness and it's goes with the whole bmc crowd I'd rather not drink it, a nice glass of water would be better.

You got me.

I clicked cause Im cheap and assumed it would be low malt, low hops type recipe...

You have to be careful as a n00b when posting jokes....It's only because no one knows your humor yet.

Cheers.

I actually have a BL clone that I make for SWMBO. She likes to have beer on tap, and we both think that my version tastes better (I know, not hard to do) and is actually lighter in color.

It was actually quite an experience the first time. I'd never used that many cereal adjuncts before, and it lagered for 2 months. Certainly not my favorite and it took her WAY too long to kick the keg, but it was a decent beer for the style.

Evan! said:
I don't think you should be banned, I just think it's important that everyone get schooled in how overused and played out the whole "BMC suxxorz" meme actually is. It's how people display their snobbishness around these parts, and believe me, if you'd been around long enough, you'd realize how retarded it looks when you get several dozen people making BMC=piss jokes, all of them lame-o, all of them done before. :p

This is one thing I love and can't get enough of. When people get snobbish and elitist about people being snobbish and elitist. :D Whenever you feel the urge to do that, I recommend RDWHAHB. It seeems to work wonders for me.

:mug:

And yes I know I could have potentially been getting snobbish and elitist about people being snobbish and elitist about people getting snobbish and elitist. before you get a headache, RDWHAHB....:p

Tonight, I am drinking Busch. And I don't give a Fzuck!

Cuz.... nothing says party like a mouth full of Busch...... :cross:

Holy f*ing moses followed by Holy F*cking christ on a crutch...
55 posts about NOTHING!!!!!!!

z987k said:
ooooh can we? I really don't like dry stout, so I don't know if it's their fault for screwing up a good style, or the style sucks :).

It has more to do with how they get Guinness over here from Ireland. My wife and I went to Ireland and Scotland for our anniversary. My wife who doesn't like beer very much thought that Guinness was tasty and couldn't get enough Harp. I have vowed to never drink Guinness in the states again. There is that much of a difference. My wife bought a 6-pack of Harp after we got back even after I warned her that she would regret her decision. She regretted her decision.

:tank:

eh, I'm pretty sure they have their breweries over here for the guinness we drink in the states.

usnsti said:
This is one thing I love and can't get enough of. When people get snobbish and elitist about people being snobbish and elitist. :D Whenever you feel the urge to do that, I recommend RDWHAHB. It seeems to work wonders for me.

And yes I know I could have potentially been getting snobbish and elitist about people being snobbish and elitist about people getting snobbish and elitist. before you get a headache, RDWHAHB....:p

That is just funny - I'm speechless. :D

Boerderij Kabouter said:
I thought it was funny Franzi

Don't worry about it, most everyone here is really nice, but weary of ridiculous posters. Also we sport a fair number of EACs! :D

What does EAC stand for?

here's my recipe for Bud Light:

Bud Light clone
Lite American Lager

Type: All Grain
Batch Size: 5.00 gal
Boil Size: 4.62 gal
Boil Time: 60 min

Ingredients

Amount Item Type % or IBU
5.00 gal Milwaukee, WI Water

Beer Profile

Original Gravity: 1.000 SG
Final Gravity: 1.000 SG
Alcohol by Vol: 0.00 %
Bitterness: 0.0 IBU
Color: 0.0 SRM

Sorry....just couldn't help myself...(flame suit on...)

jezter6 said:
IB4TL!!

Usually the trolls give up or get banned in the first 10 - this one has done well to wait until 18 before giving us this one - and in the HBT troll history, this one ranks fairly low.

Where's Yooper with the Banhammer?

:off: :off: :off: :off:

I admit I got fooled, and all you aholes that were offended you looked too! :cross: So, after Guiness do we start bagging on Sam Adams? Seems like he peed in a lot of homebrewer's cheerios around here.

Oh yea, sorry, EAC = Every ******* Crinkles

Back