Co2 line and keg line lengths???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Inetwebguy

Reaction score
Hello!

Please forgive me if this question has been asked/answered as I couldn't find anything when doing a search.

I just got my conversion kit and had a question about line length? There is less than 2' between the top of the corney kegs and the double tap, and I'm housing the co2 in the fridge so that distance is even shorter, but the kit comes with 5' of line.

Besides having some "play" in the lines to maneuver around if needed, is there any reason I couldn't cut the line to a more desirable length? This goes for both the keg lines and the co2 lines.

Thank you!

The Co2 line doesn't matter so you can cut that to any length. The serving lines depend on the ID of your line, typically you don't want less then 5' or you'll get foaming.

The Co2 line doesn't matter so you can cut that to any length. The serving lines depend on the ID of your line, typically you don't want less then 5' or you'll get foaming.

Exactly- and I would argue that you want 8'-10' or so for each tap. That way you can serve any beer at pressures up to 16 psi without foaming and needing to adjust the pressure.

I started with 6' lines, got some 8' lines, and finally replaced all of my serving lines with 10' lines.

I agree, 5' is on the short side. All of mine are 8', with 6 lines in my freezer they tend to tangle but i'ts something you live with.

Yooper said:
Exactly- and I would argue that you want 8'-10' or so for each tap. That way you can serve any beer at pressures up to 16 psi without foaming and needing to adjust the pressure.

I started with 6' lines, got some 8' lines, and finally replaced all of my serving lines with 10' lines.

+1.
It took me quite a while to get things the way they should be. 10' lines are the answer.

Thank you everyone! I shall heed your warnings, and be prepared to replace the lines with even longer ones than what they came with.

Back