I get to brew at Cigar City!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jersh

Reaction score
Cigar City and my local beer bar put on a raffle during the month of November and the grand prize winner gets to be 'brewer for a day' at CCB... Whelp, I WON the raffle! Not sure how much say I'll have in what is brewed, they did this same thing last year and the guy who won brewed one of their standard stout recipes and added cherries to it. Pretty sure he had never brewed anything before and had no idea what he was doing, so I'm hoping when they find out that I've been an AG homebrewer for 4 years that they might at least listen to some ideas that I have.... Anyways, just had a to brag!

You lucky SOB. What is your local bar?

If you haven't met Wayne yet, you're going to find that he is a very nice, quite guy who will definitely listen to what you have to say. I've drank with him a few times at local watering holes and he is a very approachable guy. There is a guy Ben that used to work at Southern Brewing in Tampa that runs their pilot brewery. He is super nice too.

Basically, you can't go wrong here. BTW, grab em some cedar spirals.

You lucky SOB. What is your local bar?

If you haven't met Wayne yet, you're going to find that he is a very nice, quite guy who will definitely listen to what you have to say. I've drank with him a few times at local watering holes and he is a very approachable guy. There is a guy Ben that used to work at Southern Brewing in Tampa that runs their pilot brewery. He is super nice too.

Basically, you can't go wrong here. BTW, grab em some cedar spirals.

The bar I won this from is the original Brass Tap location in Wesley Chapel...

I've met Wayne only in passing, haven't had any extended conversations with him. The idea I'm bouncing around would be to take the base recipe for Puppy's Breath Porter and add some smoked malt and maple syrup, and then possibly age with maple spirals as well....

Congrats. Sounds like a great fun day. I am from up north but always stop in to that brewery when i am down that way. They make some good beer.

Back