Gamma Lids for Plastic Buckets

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jim4065

Reaction score
Been thinking about grain storage, particularly the Vittles Vault Stackable. One thing led to another - thank you IPA - and I started thinking about just storing in buckets, like my miserable Ale Pail with the lid that snaps on so tight it's a real SOB to remove. Surprise! The company that makes Vittles Vaults, Gamma Plastics, also makes this screw-on airtight watertight lid for 12" diameter buckets. How can you beat it for $4 each? Even color-coded for Gods sake!

I figure I can drill a hole and stick in a 3 piece air-lock in some, and split my grain bags into 2 or 3 of the 6 gallon buckets for a whole lot less than the $40 a V V Stackable would cost. Any holes in the theory?

http://www.bayteccontainers.com/gamma-seal-lids.html?gclid=CO-n77-ugp8CFQUeDQodcHi8Aw

Side note: Hell of a way to spend New Years Eve........:cross:

Edit: Price is more like $6 each - but still cheap. :drunk:

I'm figuring on about two 6 gallon buckets per 50-55# sack. Extra buckets are only about $6 or $7 each, so I ought to be able to store 3 sacks of grain for $100 or so. That's about a 30% saving on the cost of the Vittles Vault stackable system - and with more flexibility. :mug:

Duh! I just realized why my searches fail to return meaningful results but the "Similar Threads" box has exactly what I was looking for....

The "Advanced Search" automatically looks through the thread to match the search term - UNLESS you switch the menu to read "Search in Titles Only" and then lock that in by clicking "Go" on "Save Search Preferences".

Don't know why the default position is "Search Entire Posts", especially for such a large Forum, but I'm on top of it now - no more "Idiot" posts which re-ask the same tired old questions...........maybe. :ban:

Back