Had an article written about the label I did for olllllo...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billpa

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Local newspaper came by a few weeks ago to do an article about myself and 2 other homebrewers in the area that had their labels published in the latest BYO contest. Here is a link to the article:

http://www.dailylocal.com/WebApp/appmanager/JRC/Daily;jsessionid=Th03GxJZtwgmZkyJqgzGRkPfsw5f1BDhxqxZkcQ6jTbzHwF2vCSL!-1909965304?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=pg_article&r21.pgpath=%2FDLN%2FLife&r21.content=%2FDLN%2FLife%2FHeadlineList_Story_557404

Unfortunately the online version does not have the picture of me (although it says it does). Well maybe that would be fortunate since I am an ugly bastard...lol. I will have to check out the printed version when I get home today from work. Rob, I had my wife pick up an extra copy for you and I will put it in the mail this week. PM me your address again because I can't find it.

Cheers,
billpa

22719331_1001.jpg

just came in here to mention homebrewtalk.com's big mention in the local rag here in west chester, pa (The Daily Local News)...had the printed version handed to me by a coworker who knows I talk nothing but homebrew lately...then I thought about it said "I wonder if this was the brewer I heard from in the shout-out thread when I said i was from neighboring Exton..." and it was! Congrats to everyone in the article who was mentioned, especially Billpa.

Now I need to try that IPA with the beautiful label...

:mug: :rockin:

the_bird said:
Very cool! I do see a pic of someone up on the website, I'm assuming that is you?

Nope thats not me. Its someone that lives close by though (I dont know him personally). I grabbed my 16 month old son for my photo. I told them he was my "assistant brewer". I will try and scan a copy of the actual printed article. I think they have a photo of olllllo's label as well in it. I made sure to give a shout out to HBT and asked that he published the website since it has been the best source of info for me as a beginning brewer. Hopefully that translates into more people coming by and checking this great place out!

billpa said:
Nope thats not me. Its someone that lives close by though (I dont know him personally). I grabbed my 16 month old son for my photo. I told them he was my "assistant brewer". I will try and scan a copy of the actual printed article. I think they have a photo of olllllo's label as well in it. I made sure to give a shout out to HBT and asked that he published the website since it has been the best source of info for me as a beginning brewer. Hopefully that translates into more people coming by and checking this great place out!

The layout of the article's real nice...it made the cover of the D section, "People"...the pic of you & your little assistant brewer made front page, as did that sweet IPA label. If I were you, I'd be taking my lunchbreak at work to go home and frame the article! ;)

Back