2 beers, different fermentation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rcrabb22

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I brewed 2 beers this weekend, BM's Cream of Three Crops and a Scottish Export. I used SA-05 for both and fermentation for each is very different. The water bath they are in is at 66F, maintained by aquarium heater and circulated by aquarium water pump. (Still a winter chill in the basement)

Two_Beers_005.jpg

Left: Scottish after 26 hours, O.G = 1.044, frequent large bubbles rising to the surface of beer but no krausen. It appears to be fermenting from the bottom. Airlock activity high.

Cream of Three Crops on the right after 54 hours, O.G. = 1.046, krausen like I usually see.

I hope the Export is ok....... I haven't lost one yet, 1 year brewing and 14 batches so far

My bad, I'm wearing the newbie hat today. :confused: Thought I could retire it after a year....

First batch I made with a slow adaption phase of fermentation. After 48 hours the scotch ale has a 1" krausen and growing.

Latest posts

Back