finaly got lager beer right

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fungusamungas

Reaction score
I love pale lager and they say its the hardest to brew right. ive always had a flaw an aftertaste in my partial extract bottled beers, kind of a cappy, cardboardy taste I would try aging for 6 months but still there, pretty clear it was getting oxenated, but how?

It was my bottling techinique, I was used to using my table or table high bar as a place to place my carboy on the then put bottling bucket on floor to siphon beer. then I would put the bucket on the table, hook up tube with bottle filler on it and fill up bottles. I was getting alot of aeration and foam in bottles, I finaly figured out the height of the table gave a lot of pressure to the 5 gallons of beer and caused foaming aeration when using my bottle wand filler.

For my newest lager I placed the bucket on a chair so it was about two feet or so off the ground and used a shortend tube, there was much less foam, aeration when bottling and now my beer finaly tastes like good pilsner, right after two weeks of carb time. I cant wait to see how it tastes after 5 weeks of bottle conditioning.

Congrats! I have been doing pilsners all winter, and have my last keg lagering... ready in 2 weeks!

It's pretty satisfying to brew many different types of beer and have them all turn out nice!

Back