Cherries in a keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blizzard

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have a saison kegged and carbed that's been on tap for awhile, but it's pretty underwhelming. I have some frozen and pitted Bing cherries that are lying around, so I was thinking of pasturizing them, putting them in a fine mesh bag and adding it directly to the keg.

Thoughts and opinions?

Yeah, if I could take it out of rotation, I would puree/freeze/boil. Put in a bag and let it sit room temp for at least ten days. Of course make sure that you didn't already put some kind of sugar that could make it over carb at room temp.

Thanks Stunt. After pasteurizing I put them in a fine mesh bag, tossed them in the keg and threw it back in the keezer. I figure it will be too cold for the yeast to do much and even if they do, the danger is limited in a keg. Other than a tiny beer volcano (not the first time I've done that adding stuff to a carbed keg) it seems to have worked. The bing cherries were sort of underwhelming - I've heard that before - but I now I know.

Back