Best way to bottle uncarbed beer from a keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr. Fedwell

Reaction score
Finally got another co2 reg for the brewshop(kegerator is far from brew area). Want to bottle some specialty stuff that has been aging uncarbed. Any advice on this process? With a little help, some 1/4 " tubing will fit over the top of my bottling wand and the other end will fit on the bev QD. I'm sure I will have to set reg as low as possible to transfer. Should I use the wand? Just put the hose in the bottles and use the co2 valve to control flow? Is doing it under pressure a bad idea all together? Also, if I add priming sugar to a full keg, can I just purge any air with co2 and shake it? Or should I transfer to another keg that has the priming sugar (transfers are so easy now! Keg cleaning is still work though)?

I would use the wand and gravity to fill the bottles from the keg. If you pressurize with CO2, the beer will come out forcefully and wold be a hassle.

If you prime the whole keg, after bottling you will probably want to pressurize to something like 10 or 20 psi to seal the keg. Vent that a couple times to get the air out. Then just sit it aside for a couple of weeks at room temp while the sugar ferments and the beer carbs up.

No need to shake anything.

Latest posts

Back