How do you store your bottled beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pint4pat

Reaction score
Hello All

I thought I knew the the answer to this question. I currently have seven styles of brew either in bottle, Primary or secondary. I also have a Kegging system ( 2 corny kegs) and kegerator (fridge conversion).

I am still bottling many of the beers I brew because I want to give away and also hold on to some of them for a few months. I am storing bottled brew in a large tupperware storage container in a un-used bedroom. Temperature steady at about 68 to 70 degrees Farenheight. How long can I store these this way? Do I have to put them in a refrigerator. I was hoping to store them this way for atleast 6 months.

I dont not have the ability to store bottles in a cellar.

Thanks for your help.

Thanks for your quick reply Revvy

So 68 to 70 degrees in a dark area is fine? I read something the other day that said beer does not age well and it will spoil. That scared me.

So 68 to 70 degrees in a dark area is fine? I read something the other day that said beer does not age well and it will spoil. That scared me.

The idea that a beer will not age well and will spoil is a myth....there are many beers that are aged a year or more....granted a hefe or an ipa is meant to be consumed young, but anything over 1.060 needs time to age anyway.

that temp range is fine...3 weeks at 30 is the recommended temp and time for carbonation and conditioning anyway...and if you don't have a cellar (I don't either) the temp you have will be fine.

I brew a lot of brown, red and dark beers and they've all kept well in the bottle for a long time. I'm still drinking some stout that I managed to save for a year!

Back