Cracked window on high pressure gauge

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My kegging equipment was delivered today:ban:

One problem - on my dual regulator, the high pressure gauge's plastic window is cracked - sort of like a spreading rock chip in a windshield. Will this cause any operational problems? If not, it is definitely not worth the time and effort to send back as the gauge is perfectly readable.

Thanks.

My kegging equipment was delivered today:ban:

One problem - on my dual regulator, the high pressure gauge's plastic window is cracked - sort of like a spreading rock chip in a windshield. Will this cause any operational problems? If not, it is definitely not worth the time and effort to send back as the gauge is perfectly readable.

Thanks.

I have seen oxygen gauges with the glass knocked out that continued to work for years in a filthy shop environment.

Won't be a problem, just don't go jamming anything in there. The glass isn't holding back any of that high pressure, it's just there to protect the needle.

Back