Kicked Two Kegs On One Night...Again!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ksbrain

Reaction score
Seems to always happen - kick one, then kick another on the same night. I guess I just tend to drink them down evenly... It's just a bummer to have two taps go dead at the same time. The good news is that there are backups in the bullpen I hooked up right away, but they're both yeasty, warm, and flat at the moment. Good thing for the bottled reserves! Will be wearing those down over the next week, no doubt.

I went from no empty kegs to five empty kegs in one weekend. I wasn't really pounding the brews, they just all ran out at once.

Time to get brewing!

:rockin:

I hate when that happens. I do the same thing where I drink down evenly but I usually have at least one to throw back in right away.

You need an extra refrigerator to cool and carbonate kegs in. I always have 3 - 4 kegs chilled and carbed waiting to be tapped when that horrid sound of a blown keg rips through the air and your heart sinks into your stomach.

I was thinking about that. I do have a full sized fridge that is sitting idle, but my second regulator won't make a good seal with the CO2 tank, so it's no good for long term use.

Right now I have my fourth keg spot in my active fridge set up for a carbonating station. That might work out OK - it still leaves three taps active. And potentially once one is carbed I could put it in the other fridge just for cold storage.

Sad time for sure. I just killed a great IPA last weekend, but since I've move to 10 gal batches I have a backup. It was warm though, so it took a few days to cool and properly carb up.

Back