fist all grain ??????

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjotmo

Reaction score
Do I add the water to my grains in my converted cooler or grains to my water??

Speaking for myself, I add the water and then stir in the grains gradually. I have found this prevents doughballs. But that is just me. Other people will tell you other things. Welcome to all-grain. :)

periwinkle1239 said:
Add the grains to the water, most people do it that way, you can find threads on it. Don't fist them. ;)

Haha don't worry I won't fist them. Thanks that's what I thought.

jjotmo said:
Haha don't worry I won't fist them. Thanks that's what I thought.

People do it both ways. speaking of...most wait until the third or fourth batch before they explore fisting

Grumpybumpy said:
People do it both ways. speaking of...most wait until the third or fourth batch before they explore fisting

What can I say I move fast ;)

you're thinking about it too much. they just both need to be in the same container. it doesn't matter which one goes first. its not like on will get started before the other one gets there.

also fisting for your first AG is cool in my book.

Speaking for myself, I add the water and then stir in the grains gradually. I have found this prevents doughballs. But that is just me. Other people will tell you other things. Welcome to all-grain. :)

Yep put in the water then stir in the grains, this results in alot less doughballs.

Back