Black Raspberry Skeeter pee finished

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wooda2008

Reaction score
Aka Zombie Juice, because that's the cool graphic i came up with.

I followed the original skeeter pee recipe, with the following deviations:

Day 1. -Made starter with 3/4# blackberry, 1/4# raspberry and 2c cane sugar in 1gal jug.
-No thermometer for the sugar inversion. guesstimated with a burnt finger.
-OG was 1.076.
Day 7. -Racked to carboy at 1.002, topped up with 16oz lemon juice. didn't slow
fermentation in the slightest

Day 30.-Fined with Isinglass.

Day 32.-Back sweetened with 5c Splenda and bottled. Forgot that there is 3 servings per bottle. I'm just now able to type.

P160211_1849.jpg

Pureed it in my blender and poured a boiling sugar water solution over it. I think it was 2c sugar in 3/4gal water. I didn't take notes on that step, for which i'm shooting myself.

Love the name+visual combo and sounds like a tastey version! Can't wait to get mine to bottle!

My newest batch.
Starter is white grape juice + EC1117
Berries are 12oz frozen raspberries and unknown amount of wild wineberry (asian raspb erry), wild black raspberry and a little wild blackberry.

More berries are ripening all over, so I will make one or two more additions of juice.

xeePAHL.jpg

jVIolPb.jpg

qI1CGQK.jpg

I dont really like this stuff, give me heartburn - but so many friends and co-workers love it I have to make it, plus I serve it at an event in the fall.

Latest posts

Back