Racking from one corny to another

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bdennis

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I have been searching for a week and I havent found anything yet. With that said I apologize if there is an answer to this already. I have had a Maibock in a corny keg as a secondary. I know I need to get it off the yeast so I want to move it to another keg. My question is can I somehow move it from one keg to another using a beer line and one keg pressurized? Do you know of any reason this wouldnt work? Thanks.

Don't get any easier than that to rack from one to another. Make a line to connect out to out. Give a shot of CO2 in the receiving keg to displace any air. Then connect the line you made. CO2 on full keg, pushes liquid into empty. I put a coupler on the gas side of the receiving keg to let the gas out, makes transfer easy.

That's exactly what I do! It works great. I just bought two black QDs (for ball lock kegs) and and some line and connect "out" to "out". I put some co2 in the receiving carboy, and then pull the relief valve. Then hook up my "jumper cable" and push the beer with co2. Occasionally, you'll have to pull the pressure relief valve on the receiving keg. It's easy, and now you have a sediment free keg of beer!

You can also just leave the pressure release valve open, which you can accomplish on the non-flippy kind by unscrewing it until it no longer seals.

Back