Starter wort in Pressure Cooker question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gremlyn

Reaction score
So I need to make a starter, and I'd like to get it going tomorrow morning. Problem is I will have limited time before work, so I won't be able to boil the wort and cool it in time, which means I'll have to wait until tomorrow after work, but THEN I am going to SD Festival of Beer so it would have to happen after THAT, and I'd have less than 18 hours for my start to go before pitching.

So I am thinking, make the wort tonight in my pressure cooker and once it has boiled and pressurised for a bit, just leave it on the stove until morning. Now once pressure drops the pot isn't sealed against the outside, but it's not a very big hole that opens up. Think it'll be OK? I'm inclined to believe it will be.

well I think that's a good metod... but i suggest you to just boil a small portion of wort so you can chill it quickly... 0,5 L of wort in cold water it's ready in 10-15 minutes...

Well Mr. Malty told me I needed 1.7L. I rounded it down to 1.5L as my 1/2 gal growler wouldn't fit much more comfortably and am calling it good enough. It was sitting there ready and waiting for me this morning, yeasties should now be getting to work :) This is my first revival of harvested yeast, hopefully it goes well!

Well Mr. Malty told me I needed 1.7L. I rounded it down to 1.5L as my 1/2 gal growler wouldn't fit much more comfortably and am calling it good enough. It was sitting there ready and waiting for me this morning, yeasties should now be getting to work :) This is my first revival of harvested yeast, hopefully it goes well!

relax have a Homebrew

:mug:

Back