Straining Dry Hops from Secondary

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bytemyfoot

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I made AHS's Pliny the Elder Clone kit. It is currently in secondary with the dry hops (pellets). I just put them in the better bottle, no hop bag (although I do have one; I didn't think to use it). When I transfer to the keg, what are some methods for keeping the hop matter in the carboy and not go into the keg?

I was thinking if it put the nylon hop bag over the autosiphon (not sure which end to put it on though). Any suggestions would be welcome!

. . . . .. . . .
I was thinking if it put the nylon hop bag over the autosiphon (not sure which end to put it on though). Any suggestions would be welcome!

You can try that, I typically wait till it's all dropped and rack off of it.

Keep on brewing my friend:mug:

I use a nylon bag over my racking cane to help keep hop matter out during transfer. You want to put the bag over the end that is going into the vessel that you are transferring from and secure it with a couple sanitized rubber bands. If you put it over the other end on the vessel you are going to transfer to then when you first begin to transfer it will act to aerate the beer, which is something you don't want to do.

I am also doing a Pliny Clone and will be doing the hop bag (sanitized in boiling water of course) over the end of the racking cane

Latest posts

Back