My son of fermentation chiller!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danbrewtan

Reaction score
Just want to give myself some props for pulling this one together! :)... Lowe's did not have the 2" thick insulation that the plans call for, so I glued two 1/2" thick sheets together. A little rough around the edges yes, but it's been keeping my trappist at 69 for 2 days now without need to swap out ice. Now that's a good seal!

Next up... A DIY wort chiller...

image-471112077.jpg

Looks good!

I used that stuff once to ship food to a friend. I had a small cooler large enough to hold probably a 6 pack, and put a frozen slice of dessert in it. I also added a couple of ice packs and frozen water bottles, and then put 2" of that foam (also ahd to double up on 1" stuff) board on all 6 sides and placed that inside the shipping box. I was too cheap to pay next day shipping since it was going to be outrageous, so I did 2nd day and saved my self a ton of money, and 2 days later I was told it was still frozen solid (including water bottles) and very cold inside. That's good stuff. I'm trying to come up with mash tun designs in my head, and I may use some of that stuff.

Back