Sunday Morning

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Happy mothers day to you and yours! Taking mom out to a brunch and them I plan on watching hockey with dad. Maybe some play offs basketball too. Dog needs a walk. No brewing today. Way too many birds out at 6am... Early bird gets the worm, but the early worm gets eaten!

Enjoy your Sunday

I'm smoking a couple racks of ribs and a few chickens for a M day meal with my mom and relatives. Finishing up some side dishes. Also wrangling the dog and babysitting my almost-3 year old grandson. HWMC took my propane tank so I found another and exchanged it for a full one at the store. Then grandson wanted to see the waterfall feature of the hot tub and the inside pipe disconnected so I had to open up the side panel and rig up a quick fix to stop the gallons of water that were gushing out. Then fought off a bunch of wasps. Burnt the sauce for the chicken. Sampling some HB, apfelwine, and siphoned some mostly fermented hard lemonade into a pitcher for the party. Also dragged up the outdoor furniture from the basement.
Wait, the party hasn't started yet? I'd love a nap! But I'm going to get the leaf blower and clean off the deck.

Good morning everyone! I'm brewing my first ipa via mini mash, calculated at about 70 ibu :)

Wife's cat passed yesterday, so I'm going to honor the car by creating a fancy label for this brew, and dedicate it. Think what you might, but I've already named a brew after the dog and she loved it.

Going to watch the Kings at the local brewery after the brew is done. I might have time for the gym too.

Have a good brew day!!!

Currently watching CBS Sunday Morning, Looks like quite a few really good stories this week. One of the BEST shows on TV IMHO. Later I'll be brewing up a batch of Graff, with a mix of honey malt, aromatic, 2 row & a bit of caraway seed; tasty stuff!
Regards, GF.

Caught 5 trout this morning. Having a brew before cleaning. Tasty fish. Oh and a good shower too...

Working on a rainy Sunday morning today. The smell of bacon, eggs & pancakes is coming in through the AC system from the restuarant down the street; All I have is coffee & a poptart...
There are worse ways to spend a Sunday morning. :)
Regards, GF.

I'm being really quiet as my Wife is finishing studying for her CPA test she takes at noon. While she's gone, I'll clean the house top to bottom and then take her out for some Pho for dinner. Pretty boring Sunday...

Getting ready for church with the wife and child. Then hanging out with family. When the baby goes down for a nap I got a 2001 YZ250F I am rebuilding for work I need to get cracking on and then maybe a short mountain bike ride.

Just came in from watching the Perseids meteor shower; not as good a show as I expected, but still some really good meteors this year. I'll be attempting to calculate the moon phase during next year's peak after a short sleep & breakfast.
Regards, GF.

Cleaning bottles for the first time in about a year and a half :(

... and sipping the leftover 1/3 of a growler I filled from the kegerator last night :mug:

Just ordered a grain mill from amazon so that I can get my first all grain/no extract brew going! Heading to the Mexican market for a 52 quart kettle, 34.99! Aluminum, but with a false bottom included??? Insane.

I'm just having some toast & coffee at the moment. CBS Sunday Morning comes on in a couple minutes, after that & more toast & coffee, I'll be bottling 12 gallons of graf.
Regards, GF.

I am @ work ~ thinking about what to brew next.

Either an orange blossum ale... or another IPA is next on the list ... but I cant decide ?

anyone ever brew an orange blossum honey ale ?

and can anyone direct me to an IPA recipe with 90+ IBUs>? (im a hop head)
:)

Went and picked up the turkey for turkey day. Then did some early xmas shopping and then worked on wedding plans.. Yea I know sounds awful, however saturday I got a ferrule welded into one of my kettles and picked up a vintage fridge I'm turning into a kegerator.

The streets are glazed with ice & I'm getting ready to head out and face the seething masses & do some Christmas shopping. I'll console myself with a stop at the coffee bar for a cuppa & a pecan danish. When I get back home it'll be time for hot buttered rum. :)
Regards, GF.

Spent my Sunday morning / afternoon making three more bottle crates. I now officially have six. The rest of my bottles will hopefully be going to a good home. No need for more than six cases since I keg.

Watching CBS Sunday Morning, learning about drones, the dating habits of tall women & an interview with John Mayer. A cupp of coffee & a cookie now, real breakfast later & a nap after that...
Life is good.
Regards, GF.

Recovering after pouring 55 gallons of homebrew with my homebrew club at Hunahpu's day at Cigar City Brewing yesterday. There were about six local clubs, pouring probably 300 gallons of homebrew to the crowd of 10,000 strong. What a day.

Having breakfast at the moment, organizing some storage space later. Beautiful day, might do a little yardwork if there's time.
Regards, GF.

Working this morning. Going to be a nice day, but a hot one. After work, I think I'll grill up some chicken & taters whilst drinking homebrew. Regards, GF.

Yesterday was 104F. Spent the afternoon at the rec center pool. Even with SPF50 on, I still burned my back.

So with today's 103F forecast. I think I'm going to mow the lawn and head to my folks place to hang out and help my dad with any yard work he needs done.

Hoping to spend some more time destressing some boards for making rustic coat racks.

Oh, and I need to buy a new inner tube for my daughter's bike. This will be the third. She popped both wheels at the same time. Then I got frustrated and popped one of the new ones while trying to get it on the wheel.

Not going to work this weekend, that's a good thing. Right now I'm watching the news enjoying a cup of home roasted Peruvian coffee. When it's finished my day starts. Put the last sealer on some fresh grout, put the washer and dryer back in the newly tiled laundry room and start brewing. I'm gonna rack a rauchbock to kegs and then brew a rye rauchbier onto the yeast cake. I used pecan wood to smoke the grains for these two beers.
And as I brew today I'll start catching up on a week of laundry and get ready to cook green chile cheeseburgers for the family dinner. Sundays are always busy for me.

I'm working this morning. I'll be mixing up a cherry melomel later & grilling up some chicken & taters.
Regards, GF.

While my kids and their friends go shooting this morning I'll be changing the water heater. Today's gonna suck.

I replaced a water heater this year too. But once it was done, we went from having to wait 20 minutes between showers to near unlimited hot water. Makes me wonder how corroded the element was.

For me, since it is now September, my evap. cooler must have something that breaks before its cool enough to say "It can wait until next year to be fixed." This year it's the valve from the hose bib to the cooler that started leaking. 9:40am, just got home from the hardware store.

Drunks shouldn't mess with water heaters after midnight on Saturday night. On Sunday morning the big red reset button screamed "push me dumba**" so we have hot water again. Apparently there was a power surge in the neighborhood late yesterday afternoon. So maybe I'll go shooting for a little while.

Worked all night & most of this morning. Just finishing up my "supper" & enjoying a few beers before bed. Decided to try Beck's Sapphire to see just what flavour the Sapphire hops have...
Nice. They work well for Beck's, any homebrewers using Sapphire hops?
Have a great Sunday everybody!
Regards, GF.

We're so sorry,uncle Albert...but we haven't done a bloody thing all day. We're soo sorry,uncle Albert...but we're so easily drawn away! Got more recently emptied bottles to clean,others dried need to be stored. I wish it'd stop getting so hot in the afternoon so I could get these 2 IPA's brewed up.

Just set some pork steaks to marinating (pineapple/teriyaki), they should be full of flavour by noon. Very blustery all night, hope the wind dies down enough to fire up the grill; if not then I guess I'll broil 'em in the oven.

Sweet potatoes wrapped in foil with a chunk of butter & baked, and some zuchinni, yellow croockneck, carrots & onions on the side...
Lunch will be tasty & filling today.

Think I'll go have a nap now.
Regards, GF.

Latest posts

Back