Festa Brew Kits

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

indian09

Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone has ever used these kits or any other kit where you buy 5G of premade wort? Does anyone ever add hops or any other sort of grains or extracts to give them a little bit more of a personal touch?

Thx

never see nthat before? but, when i used the hopped malt extract kits that you just add to boiling water and boil for 60 min, i would add pellet hops for the bittering, aroma, and finishing. the pre-hopped kits just lose a lot of their effect when boiled twice.
so, i'd add hops to any premade or hopped extract kits.

Festa kits are very very good as is. Add nothing. Brew as per instructions.

Of course, you can tool em a bit, but I'd do one "pure" to see how it comes out first. I buy wort kits like that, or just extract cans, and crank em all sorts of ways (usually more alcohol and darker), and it works really well.

If you don't want to screw up the extract kit by boiling it, boil all your adjuncts and hops and whatever else your heart desires in water for the full hour and add the kit at the very end.
As far as festa kits go, I wish I could tell you. I'm lagering their oktoberfest right now with wyeast 2124 and it's taking forever. It's been in primary for the longest four weeks of my life. Well, exept for all those times in Cuba and Russia. And especially not that time in Weyburn...

Latest posts

Back