You know you're a home brewer when?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When you call your wife to have her check your fermenter temps because you're away from the house.

I do that every day, I have her fhange the ice on my fermentation chamber at noon :p half tempted to setup my wireless camera to monitor the temp

When you have a nightmare that you're fermenter is hot to the touch. I just woke up and ran to my carboy. Lol. I know 75 and higher isn't hot to the touch but a nightmares a nightmare

Me and swmbo were at costco last week and she was concerned about buying too much fruit. All I said was I'll make some mead out of what left and that was the end of her concern.

When you are so impatient that you buy a webcam to monitor your fermentors while you are at work :) especially for detecting 1st signs of life!!

I have a wireless cctv camera I wanted to hook up to watch the temp, wife said no :(

When your mom comes to visit you and she decides to help out around the house and puts a bunch of empty beer bottles in the recycle and you end up having to dig thru it and grab all the bottles out.

When SWMBO tells you specifically not to grow hops but you buy the crowns anyways because the wrath of SWMBO is worth the joy of growing hops.

Yea it tasted like I could strip the paint off my truck along with the fruit and the bananas was even worse cause it was a yeast

When you're making soup and refer to it coming to a full boil as hot break.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

When SWMBO tells you specifically not to grow hops but you buy the crowns anyways because the wrath of SWMBO is worth the joy of growing hops.

So you're disobeying she who must be obeyed? I think you've forfeited the right to use that acronym.

You're seriously bummed ups rescheduled the delivery for your northern brewer order until tomorrow even though you have no plans to brew until the weekend.

You're seriously bummed ups rescheduled the delivery for your northern brewer order until tomorrow even though you have no plans to brew until the weekend.

Ah yes, the classic delay of shipping. Plagues many online shoppers alike. Not as bad as watching the ETA be perfectly on schedule with "anticipated deliver" Friday morning, until you log on Friday morn and see it postponed until Monday. Mocking you. With all other information updated to hide the 3 day delay, just poof: no stuff for you.

Ah yes, the classic delay of shipping. Plagues many online shoppers alike. Not as bad as watching the ETA be perfectly on schedule with "anticipated deliver" Friday morning, until you log on Friday morn and see it postponed until Monday. Mocking you. With all other information updated to hide the 3 day delay, just poof: no stuff for you.

Glad I'm not the only one bothered by this. Man, I just wanted to plan out my details with the actual ingredients in my hands! :). And really glad my order wasn't scheduled to arrive Friday!

When you have bottles sitting at your desk all day from a client who returned them to you.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1397149312.812859.jpg

Can you elaborate on the pumpkin buffalo one is please

That was my other guess. Still an impressive feat. Heck, with fellow homebrewers I would just say to keep the bottles and reuse and then give a few full ones back instead.

When you haven't brewed since July 2013 and you throw a brew session party this weekend! (life got in the way)

Are those... rinsed bottles that were returned to you? And with no fuzziness growing inside? People actually do that? Woah. You trained this client well.

I have a regular who does this without needing to be reminded. Though on beer gift day one the speech was "If any of these come back not rinsed with a bunch of crud stuck on the bottom, you're cut off." At the guild homebrew, wine, and mead are always around so everybody knows the routine about keeping vessels in good shape. Even the non-brewers will instruct a newcomer to the flow of things. Turns out it's another way this group is so special to me.

Back