Pub Crawl Raffle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jpsloan

Reaction score
Some of my friends are going to take me on a pub crawl for my birthday. We have four pubs on the itenerary, all in a walking U-turn up and down the main drag of downtown.

Most of the people who said they are coming are kind of introverted, quiet types. Also, they are more of the "sipping good beer rather than slamming shooters" types. I wanted to do something extra to go along with the pub crawl, so that we don't end up being a gang of six people sitting quietly at each bar until someone says "ok, let's go to the next one".

I was thinking that I could have an ongoing raffle, wherein I award points throughout the evening, and the winner at the end would get a kind of sampler six-pack of my homebrews.

Now, I need advice as to what I would award points towards. What do you think? Since they aren't the usual bar-slamming types, points for drinking beverages isn't really their speed. I was thinking along the lines of giving points for making toasts, convincing bartenders to pour me a free birthday pint, etc.

Nifty idea about the BJCP sheets... though only two people, myself included, would have a real interest in that.

Though I think I might have it figured out... got an idea from a website of pub ideas. It's a take on pub crawl poker... every time you reach a new place, everyone gets a playing card. At the end of the night, whoever has the best poker hand wins the six-pack.

Even easier, kind of...pick a word associated with each bar you visit. The first person to say that word while in the bar wins the point for that bar.

It could something as simple as a dish or a brew from the menu, their advertising slogan or somthing written on the coaster, etc.

Rules should be set that you can't read the menu until you get to the word, etc.

The 6er goes to the person with the most points at the end of the evening, er, morning...;)

Back