Where can I find bottle specs?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zrostylz

Reaction score
I'm trying to find out where I can get the technical specifications for standard bottles on the market today. I've tried google, wolfram-alpha, and all I seem to get back are either sites to buy bottles or countless conversions of 12 ounces.

What I want is, angles, proper circumference, things I would give to a glass manufacturer in order to have bottles made. Anyone know of a good resource?

You'd probably want to go to someone who already manufactures bottles anyway unless you're planning on paying for tooling. What kind of quantity are you looking for? I came across a site that sells bottles by the pallet not too long ago, but I can't recall the name.

Well, I'm just trying to get the basic templates because I see a lot of bottles put out by a lot of breweries that I see nowhere else. So I'd like to get some basic templates and go from there for design, future costs, etc. I have no idea whether or not manufacturers would be willing to give that information out, which is why I thought I'd start here.

Why not just make your own design in a CAD program, since you're looking for something custom already

Back