What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got an awesome box o' brews from @DrunkleJon, There was beer, cider & more beer! Thanks Jon, I think I owe you one. Regards, GF.
BTW, I know the growler says "MT," but it was filled & sent by Jon and the contents are quite tasty!
Regards, GF.

jonbeer1.jpg

jonbeer2.jpg

jonbeer3.jpg

I got an awesome box o' brews from @DrunkleJon, There was beer, cider & more beer! Thanks Jon, I think I owe you one. Regards, GF.
BTW, I know the growler says "MT," but it was filled & sent by Jon and the contents are quite tasty!
Regards, GF.

Glad you are enjoying the box. This just landed on my porch today in return.
View attachment 1451943231118.jpg
The growler contains a toasted coconut brown ale. This box is in addition to the previous one which contained the following.
View attachment 1451943347468.jpg

You sir have sent me an incredible haul and I am unworthy.

My Inkbird 308 temp. controller showed up a day early. Looking forward to finishing mods on my ferm chamber so I can use it on my next batch tomorrow night.

View attachment 327969

Finally picked one of these up. So shiny!

Word of advice from someone who learned the hard way. These things do an amazing job getting almost every last drop of beer off the yeast cake. As a result. Do not try to dry hop in the primary without a hop sock or something. You will end up with hop matter everywhere when you try to use the bottom drain.

Hop buying is never a problem. It is a solution. To the problem that is not having enough hops. :mug:

I quite possibly am nearing 30lbs of hops in my freezer.

I think the problem is I have a kid coming late this month so Im stockpiling like a squirrel before winter hits.

Word of advice from someone who learned the hard way. These things do an amazing job getting almost every last drop of beer off the yeast cake. As a result. Do not try to dry hop in the primary without a hop sock or something. You will end up with hop matter everywhere when you try to use the bottom drain.

Thanks for the heads up! I use pellets and a paint strainer bag...will work? Any other suggestions that you might have are welcomed!!

Thanks for the heads up! I use pellets and a paint strainer bag...will work? Any other suggestions that you might have are welcomed!!

only that you really want to follow the directions on the positioning and rotation of the diptube on the drain valve. Like they warn, if you try to rotate it the wrong way it will loosen and leak. I love mine.

Been using a 5 lb tank for carbing, serving and purging the collection ball on my fermenter. Will be nice not to have to pull the tank out of my keezer every time I need a shot of CO2... ;)

Going to trash some of that plastic tubing as well.

:mug:

20160107_140009.jpg

"Oooh, new toys!...can I play too"? (Remember that one?) Still gotta order the rest of the mumme' stuff. Meanwhile, back at the ranch...wife got drugs delivered, all I got was nothin' I'd prefer too...

Got my shipment from Austin Homebrew Supply.

Stout kit
Shot In The Dark kit
and some misc. extras I needed. First brew day of 2016 this weekend!

Blichmann 240v 15gallon Boilermaker G2 arrived today!

Only a couple more pieces to pick up to complete my new eHERMS system.

Dan

Back