Snow!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
btw, yunus... my IM bounced to you too. and you clicked "Like" on my facebook status about my HVAC dying :(

Sorry bout that. I hate facebook, that's why I usually only read it and rarely comment, I must have clicked like when trying to comment.

grab the dad's and like minded mothers and take them out to the garage for some brewing...

well no brewing over the weekend. And all the hype was for nothing we got about an inch maybe less but south of us got quite a bit and it was cold. I stayed downstairs when everyone was over only one father showed up but lots of rug rats and moms . Nice to relax in front of the wood stove for a few hours.

i may get out and brew today. my HVAC decided to die yesterday, so I have a guy coming shortly to tell me how much i'm going to have to pay for a replace (not repair... too old). after that i'm going to pick up some kolsch yeast from my pro brewer friend, then if i brew, it'll be an american wheat for the MCAB in Feb.

Talk about an ill feeling. I woke up on Sunday and my house was 47 degrees. The blower motor was running non stop but the heat was not turning on. I printed out the tech manual for it and attempted to repair it myself. I disconnected, inspected and reconnected numerous sensors and it magically started working again! I am so glad I didn't have to call an HVAC guy on a Sunday when there was two feet of snow on the ground!

26 inches of snow.... childs play! After 3 years in MD and experiencing the complete lack of readiness for extreme winter weather (even though they get at least one bout of it every year) I was happy to relocate to Cleveland. On the plus side, the snowy days were always the best days to go to the national mall. You could find copious amounts of parking close to the museums.

didnt let them freeze :D

i always discoenct them, I had to dig around in the snow to find it... but it was there, and empty

didn't brew. headed to fredneck for errands with the fam. just got home about 30 mins ago. i got 4 hours of sleep last night because i was up worrying about the HVAC, then had some seriously chaotic dreams (aliens, time travel, the creation of the universe, aliens hunting me down, the destruction of life as we know it), then woke up worrying, then dealing with the four kids plus errands. nah, not gonna brew today.

Latest posts

Back